EC Nomination & Elections Update
Please note the following changes as per the the new Bylaws.
1. Elections will be held according to the newly passed bylaws.
2. New bylaws require to have 7 EC positions filled instead of 5 before.
3. In order to encourage more nominations for the added positions, we are extending the last date for submitting the nomination form to Monday November 26th, 2018.
The Bylaw Amendment vote was held as scheduled on Saturday 11-17-2018.
The final voting results:
- 30 Votes YES to the Amendments
- 20 Votes No to the Amendments
The Bylaw Amendments passed and went into effect immediately.
1. Bylaw Amendments
As per the current NHIC Bylaws, ALL amendments must be prepared by both The Executive Committee and Board of Trustees and presented to NHIC members to review and vote on.
Announcements were made to have six volunteer community member representatives join the EC & BOT to propose needed amendments although this is not required by the current Bylaws.
The Executive Committee, Board of Trustees and community member representatives have concluded the Bylaw amendments. All members are encouraged to participate and review the amendments which are clearly outlined in “red color font”.
This is the link to view the Bylaw Amendments.
The voting event will take place InshaAllah at the Masjid on Saturday 11-17-18 after Salat-ul-Isha at 7:15PM. All members are required to have proper identification and meet the NHIC voting requirements.
The results will be announced upon concluding the count which will be done onsite.
2. EC Nomination Deadline Reminder
The last date for filing nomination papers for the upcoming Executive Committee election is Friday, November 16th. Please submit your nomination (s) before then.
Meet Your Muslim Neighbor NHIC Event - New Haven Register Article
Missed a video; not a problem! Catch up here
Interested in joining a subcommittee to serve your Masjid and the community? click here.
- Adult sisters Arabic & Quran learning more
- Would you like to volunteer with us? We have the opportunity to start many programs with your help. Sign up today to become a volunteer on a regular basis or by activity.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
The NHIC is continuously growing because of your generous donations. We need more funds to complete our projects from building maintenance, to parking upkeep, classrooms renovations, etc. The future of your children and this community's lies in your hands.
Subscribe for a donation as little as $2, $3, or $5 per day. Your will be billed on a monthly basis for the next 12 months. You can cancel your subscription at any time. details
Rules & Regulations
Parking Rules & Towing
Please observe the city rules and regulations for parking. Overnight parking is not allowed unless approved by the Executive Committee. All violators will be towed at owner's expense.
All children must be attended inside and outside of the Masjid premises. Children are not allowed to be outside of the Masjid without adult supervision.