- Registration will start at 7:45pm.
- Only members whose names are on the official NHIC members’ list are allowed to register and vote.
- An ID will be required for registration and voting.
- Registration will close at 8:15pm. If the number of registered members reaches 50% (308) of the total official NHIC members’ list (616), then a quorum will be official and the voting process will proceed.
January 17th: Meet & Greet the NHIC EC Candidates
In order to get the NHIC members to know more about the Executive Committee (EC) candidates, the Election Committee is inviting the community and the EC candidates to a non-mandatory and unofficial Meet & Greet event.
This is not a General Assembly meeting and attendance will not be taken.
When: Friday, January 18th after Isha prayer.
Where: NHIC unit #5
Asalaamualaikom Respected Brothers and Sisters,
- General Assembly Meeting - Saturday, January 12, 2019 after Isha Prayer
- EC Elections - Saturday, January 19, 2019 after Isha Prayer
- Participate in most NHIC activities
- Age 18+
- Member for at least 1 year
- Legal status, permanent resident or a U.S. citizen
- Participate in at least 1 General Assembly Meeting in the year of the election
Friday Announcements - January 18, 2019
There is a women's lecture today after Magrib from 6:00 to 6:35pm in Arabic and 6:35 to 7:10pm in English.
Girls' Halaqa planing for 2019 will be conducted today between Magrib and Ishaa.
Weather permitting, the EC elections will be on Saturday, January 19, 2019 after Ishaa.
NHIC Executive committee
- We use several methods of communication. Click here to familiarize yourself with them and stay up to date.
Meet Your Muslim Neighbor NHIC Event - New Haven Register Article
Missed a video; not a problem! Catch up here
Interested in joining a subcommittee to serve your Masjid and the community? click here.
- Adult sisters Arabic & Quran learning more
- Would you like to volunteer with us? We have the opportunity to start many programs with your help. Sign up today to become a volunteer on a regular basis or by activity.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
The NHIC is continuously growing because of your generous donations. We need more funds to complete our projects from building maintenance, to parking upkeep, classrooms renovations, etc. The future of your children and this community's lies in your hands.
Subscribe for a donation as little as $2, $3, or $5 per day. Your will be billed on a monthly basis for the next 12 months. You can cancel your subscription at any time. details
Rules & Regulations
Parking Rules & Towing
Please observe the city rules and regulations for parking. Overnight parking is not allowed unless approved by the Executive Committee. All violators will be towed at owner's expense.
All children must be attended inside and outside of the Masjid premises. Children are not allowed to be outside of the Masjid without adult supervision.
Recording, of any kind, is not permissible on our presmise without the prior consent of the Executive Committee or Board of Trustees.